Social Media Marketing- The New Normal
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the face of business, branding, and marketing. Not only this, it has even disrupted the regular supply chain and has demanded changes in them. Most of the people have been working from home, may it be customers or your own employees.
More than 50% of the entire world population is on social media as of now. This statistic has been in an ever-increasing fashion. The pandemic has increased the time spent on social media by an average of around 43%. A person on an average is spending around 2 hours and 24 minutes on social media and networking applications. This means a huge opportunity is being identified on the social media platforms.
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, WhatsApp are some of the social media and messaging platforms that prove to be quite popular among people all over the world. Facebook is the most popular social media followed by Instagram. With such a large audience, it becomes quite obvious to create and promote the social media handles of your business.
Why social media? How can the posts be like? Who will be our audience? DO posts differ over platforms?
Well, social media is a platform where instead of targeting a niche segment, you target the entire audience, and people show their interest in your product, if any. Social media would provide a branding facility, that would make your brand popular and known. The social media posts, if quite engaging, can create a great imprint on the hearts of the customers and viewers. This would drive traffic for the websites as well.
Posts do differ from platform to platform. Facebook has a good reception for photos and videos, while Instagram has a wide reception for videos and hashtags. LinkedIn posts are informative and quite formal, whereas Pinterest focuses more on photos and content. Messaging platforms such as WhatsApp and Messenger need a different kind of a post, more in the form of a message deck or status.
Some essential and shocking statistics can be shown below:
1. 84% of people with access to the internet use social media
2. 50% of the global population is using social media: that is 3.8 billion people (an increase of 9.2% since 2019)
3. The average social media user has 8.3 different social accounts.
4. 90% of internet users say they watch video online at least once a month
5. 60% of people say they have watched a video on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, or Instagram in the last month.
6. The Social Bakers social media trends report shows that Facebook and Instagram, two of the most popular social networks are particularly good for marketing to millennial and Gen Z age groups.
7. 53% of consumers are more likely to buy when they can contact the business personally and directly — such as with Facebook Messenger.
ERC Edge brings you the wholesome packages for Social Media Marketing, that would be tailor-made and designed just for you, so that you can hunt for customers on social media and get them converted as your successful leads!
Get the best services of ERC Edge now! Hurry! Limited editions offer just for you!